MALIA – Marine Litter Awareness Through Learning by Doing Together
The program is based on the creation of transnational networks between Spain, Cyprus, Portugal and Italy aiming to strengthen activities between four schools and four civil society organisations (CSO). Members of this transnational network will be involved in activities related to marine sciences and community participation.
These activities include:
- Exchange of students between the four countries
- Creation of educational material related to marine litter problem
- Development and implementation of innovative educational actions
- Digital applications
- Prototype forms of interaction
- Transfer of good practices
- Possible interventions, improvements and modernize on the existing institutional framework
All activities aim to promote interaction between students, teachers and CSOs, sharing experiences and good practices in all project sites. This can positively affect local communities and help in understanding the common problem of marine litter that needs to be addressed.