”The Hub” Cypriot Women’s Leadership Network
Hub: the effective centre of an activity, region, or network
“The Hub” is the Cypriot Women’s Leadership Network(www.thehubcy.org) to provide opportunities for networking, engagement and advancement. The overall aim of the network is to become the hub, the reference and the supporting mechanism to boost Cypriot women leaders to become active participants in decision making at all levels: public, private and civil society sectors. ‘The Hub’ is established in 2015, designed and developed by AKTI Project and Research Centre, with the support of the US Department of State, under the program Global Women, Peace and Security Initiative. Visit our Facebook Page
”The Hub” is being created within a framework of a wider project. Read below about the project.
About the Project
This project addresses the second pillar of the UN Security Council Resolution on Women, Peace and Security, ”Participation” which states that ” Women participate equally with men and gender equality is promoted in peace and security decision-making processes at national, local, regional and international level”
What is the Goal?
The overarching goal of the project is to empower Cypriot women to become active participants in decision-making at all levels: public, private and civil society sectors more broadly.
What are the Project Objectives?
The main objective of the project is to create the Cypriot Women’s Leadership Network to provide much needed opportunities for networking, engagement and advancement of women on the island, introduce innovation, as well as successfully tackle gender bias, through the below interrelated Project Activities:
- A Gap analysis on second generation gender bias and women leadership in Cyprus. This study will provide the basis of understanding gender biases—and how to best overcome them
- Desk based study to identify successful leadership networks in Cyprus, Europe and internationally. This study will help to identify Best Practices of Leadership Networks that could be emulated by the pioneering Cypriot Women’s Leadership Network
- The identification of at least 30 different and effective women leaders in 10 different sectors to participate in the Cypriot Women’s Leadership Network “core group”
- A one-month, island-wide media campaign whose purpose will be to inform Cypriots, and particularly Cypriot women, about the creation of the network, to encourage participation in the leadership seminar/workshop that will be organised, and to invite applications for membership to the Cypriot Women’s Leadership Network
- A seminar/workshop on women in leadership roles, which will present the results from the gap analysis on second generation gender bias and women leadership in Cyprus and feature the experiences of three women leaders: at the local, national and international level