The Representation of the European Commission in Cyprus had organized an information visit to Brussels between 29 November and 2 December 2016, for Greek Cypriot and Turkish Cypriot young people actively involved in the civil society of Cyprus. AKTI Project and Research Centre was represented by Ms. Koula Aristodemou, member of the project team.
The trip included visits to the European Institutions and briefing on their role and functions in order to inform participants on European integration, citizens’ rights and the rights of young people. Participants had the opportunity to attend several workshops regarding Youth in Action, Volunteering, Civil Society, and European funds, while they expanded their network and created bonds between them.
We are proud to announce that Koula Aristodemou will represent AKTI Project and Research Centre in the information visit to Brussels organized by the Representation of the European Commission in Cyprus, between 29 November and 2 December 2016. The main focus of the visit will be the acquaintance on European Union’s institutions and citizens’ rights, while it will provide participants networking opportunities for possible future collaboration.
We are pleased to announce that AKTI Project and Research Centre within the Green Cluster is accepting applications for the International Delegation:Developing Nature Youth Experiences within the City training seminar. The training aims to offer professional networking opportunities, exchange of ideas and help promote the development of nature youth experiences within the city. The training will begin on Wednesday 1st June until Tuesday 7th June. The training seminar is being organised by the Society for the Protection in Nature in Israel with AKTI Project and Research Centre being partners. One Green Cluster member will be accepted to participate. Participation fee is only 60 EUR. Accommodation and food during the training seminar will be covered. APPLICATION DEADLINE: 12th May 2016 Click Here to Apply.
AKTI’s Directors, Dr. Michael I. Loizides and Ms Xenia I. Loizidou have developed an online interactive database which aims to record all coastal clean-up data, to present them in a user-friendly manner and to make them readily accessible to anyone interested in using them for research and reporting purposes. After all, understanding the problem of marine litter is the first step to finding ways to address it.
The Marine Litter Database that has been developed,has been adopted and is being adapted by the MarLitCy project, and it has been shared extensively. It has now been named by the Mare Nostrum Network of NGOs as the Tool of the Month!
Crowdsourcing Logo Design Competition
EXTENSION OF DEADLINE! The contest deadline has been extended until the 18th of January 2015!
AKTI Project and Research Centre calls for Graphic Designers to take part in designing the logo for the “The Hub”
What is the Hub?
Hub: the effective centre of an activity, region, or network
“The Hub” is the Cypriot Women’s Leadership Network, designed to provide opportunities for networking, engagement and advancement. The overall aim of the network is to become the hub, the reference and the supporting mechanism to boost Cypriot women leaders to become active participants in decision making at all levels: public, private and civil society sectors. “The Hub” is established in 2015, designed and developed by AKTI Project and Research Centre.
Facebook Page: Click Here
AKTI Project and Research Centre launch “The Hub”, a new project which aims to boost Cypriot women leaders become active participants in decision making by creating a sustainable network for women leaders. “The Hub”, will be a structure through which women leaders will be able to support each other and help each other advance their professional endeavours, by fostering leadership and entrepreneurship through networking, coordination and collaboration.
Criteria and Deadline
The winner will be selected based on designing an innovative logo for “The Hub” project.
- Size Matters: The logo has to look good and be legible at all sizes, including when used for larger formats, such as, posters, electronic formats, such as TV and the Web.
- Clever use of colour
- The logo must also look good in black and white
- Design Style should suit the project
- Choose the right font type and size
- The font should be legible when scaled down
- Create Balance: Remember that your logo will be viewed by the masses, not just those with an eye for great art
The following Criteria will be used for the selection
- Good Design
- Clean and Functional
- Brand recognition potential
Deadline: All entries should be submitted by the 18th January 2015 via dropbox (email@example.com) and personal email with your contact details.No submissions will be accepted after the deadline.
Entry to the competition is free of charge
- 200 EUR will be awarded to the first winner
We will also offer to the first winner:
- Future networking opportunities
- Future opportunities for collaboration with AKTI Project and Research Centre
Terms and Conditions
- Submission of all logo designs will begin on 23rd December 2014 and the deadline for submission is 12th January 2015; submissions must be sent via dropbox (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- No submissions will be accepted after the 12thJanuary 2015 and no exceptions will be made for late submissions
- The contest is open to any individual (any age, nationality, location)
- The logo design must be your own original work
- Incomplete, unreadable, unintelligible or otherwise non-compliant submissions will be disqualified and AKTI reserves the right to reject entries that do not meet the criteria
- IMPORTANT: By entering the competition you grant AKTI Project and Research Centre the rights to use your design for the benefit of the project at no extra cost
- The winner will be announced on facebook and invited to receive their prizes on the 19thJanuary 2015
Educational workshop for trainers on Natura 2000, Saturday 20th April 2013 at Pedoulas. Workshop Invitation