MALIA – Marine Litter Awareness Through Learning by Doing Together
Date: 30 September 2017 - ongoing
AKTI is a partner in the ‘MALIA’ project, ERASMUS+ KA2.
MALIA bases on the creation of transnational networks between Spain, Cyprus, Portugal and Italy aiming to strengthen activities between four schools and four civil society organisations (CSO). Members of this transnational network will be involved in activities related to marine sciences and community participation.
These activities include:
- Exchange of students between the four countries
- Creation of educational material related to marine litter problem
- Development and implementation of innovative educational actions
- Digital applications
- Prototype forms of interaction
- Transfer of good practices
- Possible interventions, improvements and modernize on the existing institutional framework
All activities aim to promote interaction between students, teachers and CSOs, sharing experiences and good practices in all project sites. This can positively affect local communities and help in understanding the common problem of marine litter that needs to be addressed.
The project is funded by the European Union
Project code: 2017-1-ES01-KA201-038643
1st Transnational meeting at Porto/ Paredes, Portugal from the 11th to 15th February 2018.
1st Mobility Activity – C1 – at Aguilas, Spain
Opening Ceremony (22nd October 2018)
2nd Mobility Activity – C2 – at Paphos, Cyprus
Marine Litter Assessment at Faros beach (23th October 2018)